1. lacking skill or dexterity; clumsy.
2. lacking grace or ease in movement: an awkward gesture; an awkward dancer.
3. lacking social graces or manners: a simple, awkward frontiersman.
4. not well planned or designed for easy or effective use: an awkward instrument; an awkward method.
5. requiring caution; somewhat hazardous; dangerous: an awkward turn in the road.
6. hard to deal with; difficult; requiring skill, tact, or the like: an awkward situation; an awkward customer.
7. embarrassing or inconvenient; caused by lack of social grace: an awkward moment
8. Obsolete. untoward; perverse.
.... I am thinking #7 sums this one up.
Last night Tim and I went to meet Mike. I don't know that I wanted this and lord knows there was much debate - but Tim seemed sure. Even my best friend said that I should just get it over with - you see, ( I will leave out much just cause its not even worth my time ) things had been tough with Mike for the past 3 days. Him texting non stop. He had found out about Tim, and then it never stopped. I did tell him I would like him to meet him, but not quiet yet. I mean seriously would have liked to know that Tim would be here long term first ya know - and I had not even had the choice or whatever to meet Mike's " Girlfriend".
I asked Mike not to bring his GF, because 1.) it was tacky to be meeting this way and 2.) its not freaking lets see who got what! ..... but true to him tacky self he showed up with her all over him.
Tim and I met them at Thomas Hammer in Postfalls, and got there just 30min before closing - GOOD TIMING.
We ordered coffee, sat down and ....
insert #7 here.
Mike proceeded to "interview" Tim, to which Tim confidently answered most questions, and engaged in a somewhat mellow conversation.
I, on the other hand did not have much to say. In fact I was too busy taking inventory as to why Mike cant pay his Child support or Alimony and how miserable he looked. This stirred my internal fire big time so I was more than happy to keep it shut!
In 30 minutes it was all over.
Tim and I left, and a little bit of a weight had been lifted - at least we both know.
Don't really care what they think of Tim, and lord knows my opinion of the whole matter is that as long has he takes care of Daya, and she can too - then honestly who cares.
I will say though that listening to Tim answer, and talk with him and all he had to say --- Totally made me realize just why God has planned things at such a time.
I tell Tim often, that I am amazed in the clarity, sincerity and truth that he speaks with. Especially when he talks of him and I or us ( as in Madaya ).