Saturday, June 19, 2010

Can I do this?

Some if not all of you know that I have decided to go back to school Full Time in pursuit of my Occupational Therapy degree.
What most of you don't know is that I've been having a hard time deciding schedule and finances to make this happen and the road its taking to get there.
I started looking in Winter after the separation, and at that time planned on just an 18 month thing in Medical Office but then it hit me that I needed, could and wanted to do so much more than I do now. I want to be able to provide well for Madaya and I make sure that no matter what comes I could make it in this world - and better yet be the best I can be ( didn't mean that to be a military slogan ).
So I decided that I would look into further options.
I did all my testing and placed high enough in everything that pre-req's wouldn't be an issue - but when it came down to finances just couldn't pull off school for Winter/Spring.
So for the past 3 months Ive been busting my but looking for funding, grands, financial aid etc .....
Finally was awarded a partial Pell Grant for Summer Quarter and looks like I will be doing Spokane Community College to get 15 credits taken care of before ....

Before what you ask...


Before I GO TO EASTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY in the fall.
I hope to enroll in there OT program - but for starters will take the full course load I can.
There's only 30 spots a year they can fill, and although my test scores are high enough academically I am not there yet. I can apply for next years program in February!
If all goes well it will be 4 years ill graduate with my Masters, and then plan to jump to my Doctorate but we will see.

for now I have many days when I wonder if I can do this.
Its so confusing trying to plan these schedules, work, find financial aid, and oh yeah... Have a life!

I have a great team behind me though and I know in my heart I am ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment