Monday, October 25, 2010

Divorce Trial


This morning came and gone, just as I prayed it would. First of all let me say, that GOD IS GOOD. And I beleive that he is the sole reason I have been able to get through this as well as I have.
As many of you know ( and some will soon learn through blog releases ) Mike didn't ever properly respond and our divorce that was originally mutual and both signed, made it all the way to trial almost 9 months later!
So today ....

I walked into the court room not knowing what to expect but prayed that it would go smooth, without drama and that there would be a knowledge of truth, and justice.

Mike did call in from Lousiana, and the Judge proceeded with Trial.
I am going to spare the ugly details cause I don't think its necissary but in the end the judgment is this :


Mike has limited visitation on a Long Distance plan - Meaning Madaya my fly to Lousianna up to 3 times per year and for the first 2 years will be only for a week at a time. Mike must pay for her to fly there, and must accompany her both ways everytime, himself.
Mike has to pay childsupport based on his previous earnings ( he has since quit jobs and isnt working ).
Mike has to pay Allimony for 18 months at 250.00 a month until he pays back what should have been my 1/2 of the money he spent from cashing in his 401k.
I took debt of the marriage in the amount of 1700.00. He took none, but his own and the truck.
Mike does have to pay the eviction from the house on Harder from August 2010.
I get to claim Madaya for Tax and School this year, and any year he is not current in his support obligations.


After 6 long hours of trial were done... and all should be said and final by November 19th.

In a nut shell there it is.

I am happy with the outcome, and so glad I didn't ask for any of what the judge gave. Instead waited it and and prayed for what was just and as fair as possible.


Let the final days count down...

No comments:

Post a Comment